Electronic Vehicle Identification (EVI) - is a system that uniquely identifies a vehicle electronically. It would typically comprise a secure in-vehicle data storage element, suitable and secure interfaces and a vehicle-to-infrastructure data communication element.
- crime prevention (prevention vehicle theft)
- vehicle tolling
- access control (e.g. overview of cross border traffic)
- replaces CCTV cameras, works in bad weather conditions and contamination
- RFID tag – RFID integrated license plate or RFID windshield label
- data stored on RFID tag (UHF technology) can be retrieved anytime via fixed and mobile reading devices by radio communication – also in moving traffic
- the RFID tag can be combined with any safety features such as holograms or laser engravings and is used as thief-proof and ID feature.