The World Bank, the WHO, the EU’s Tobacco Products Directive and the IMF see the introduction of anti-counterfeiting measures, such as forgery-proof tax stamps and track & trace systems, as a must in combatting tobacco smuggling and counterfeiting.
An NSV system ensures that governments track the supply chain of the tobacco and alcoholic products.
Benefits to governments:
- profitable financial model for governments ensures instant economic effect
- comprehensive approach – based on internationally recognized framework
- Ease of use – excise stamps authenticity is easily verified,.
- Excise stamp with enhanced security features – holographic security element with a spectral component
- Hand-held control device – electronic device to validate the hologram spectral component
- Integrated management information system – for product control throughout the supply chain